Hi friends, this tutorial will help you to unlock HTC One M9 bootloader using the most easiest and simple methods.
Image Credit: HTC Corporation
Most of you who were trying to root your HTC One M9 must have already came across this term, “Unlock Bootloader” in order to root your device. So how can we unlock your HTC One M9 Bootloader. Don’t worry we have a detailed and simple tutorial for you which will help you to unlock your One M9’s bootloader.
Before proceeding further make sure that your HTC One M9 is having at least 60% of battery power.
Steps to unlock HTC One M9 Bootloader
1. First you need to navigate to HTC Dev website and register for a free account there. Once registered login to your account and you will see a similar page like the one given below.
2. Once you are in the above page select “Unlock Bootloader” and click “Get Started“. Now you will be navigated to the below page.
Begin Unlock bootloader
3. Here select your device and click “Begin Unlock Bootloader“. Now you will get the below warning pop ups in the respective order.
Here click “Yes“.
Here click “Proceed to Unlock Instructions“.
Entering Download mode
4. Now you need to enter your HTC One M9 into “Bootloader mode” (or Download Mode). To enter into “Bootloader mode” switch of your device and press “Vol Down” button, while holding the “Vol Down” button press and hold the “Power” button to enter into “Bootloader mode” or “Download Mode“. If you are facing any difficulty, go to Settings->Battery and deselect Fast boot, now switch the device off and try the before said steps again. You can use the “Vol Up” and down buttons to toggle through the options and “Power” button to confirm a selection. For newer devices you need to perform an “OEM unlocking” also inorder to unlock the bootloader.
5. Once you have entered into “Bootloader mode“, connect your device using USB data cable to your PC. Also please download the below files.
|Fastboot binary, Linux (please extract)||download|
|Fastboot binary, OS X (please extract)||download|
|Fastboot binary, Windows (please extract)||download|
|Google Android SDK zip:||download|
|HTC Sync Manager||download|
Installing required software
6. After downloading the above files, please install them. Now locate the adb file location (normally would be in “C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Android\sdk\platform-tools’. Now type cd space the path. For eg: cd C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Android\sdk\platform-tools.
7. Now type the Command : fastboot oem get_identifier_token and press enter, you will get a long list of texts below. Now copy it starting from <<<< Identifier Token Start >>>> and ending with <<<<< Identifier Token End >>>>>.
The copied text will look like in the screen shot given below;
8. Now click on “Proceed To Step 5” given at the bottom of the HTC dev page.
The HTC dev page
9. Once you have copied the text, paste it in the “My Device Identifier Token” text area given in the HTC dev page and click “Submit” to receive the unlock code binary file which will be send to your email address.
10. Now download the Unlock_code.bin package from your email and copy it to the same folder as the Android SDK and Fastboot files are located.
Unlocking using fastboot command
11. Once done close the old “Command Prompt” window and reopen the “CMD” again after few seconds. Now in the command prompt window type “fastboot flash unlocktoken Unlock_code.bin” and press enter. Now you will get a warning message on your HTC One M9, agree it and wait for the procedure to complete.
Once completed remove the USB cable from HTC One M9 and reboot it into bootloader mode, here you can confirm whether the process was success or not from the “Unlocked” message displayed at the top of the screen.
That’s it guys you have successfully unlocked your HTC One M9 bootloader.
If you have faced any issues while unlocking your HTC One M9 bootloader, please don’t hesitate, feel free to post it in the comment section below, don’t worry I will help you as fast I can.
If “How to Unlock HTC One M9 Bootloader?” tutorial really helped you, please give a like/share on social networking websites by using the below given buttons.