This tutorial will help you to install the LineageOS 14.1/ CyanogenMod on your Motorola Moto G4.
The Motorola Moto G4 as many of you may already know comes with a 5.5 inches IPS touchscreen display, 2GB RAM, 13MP Camera, Octa Core processor etc. But today I am not going any further into the specs deeply but will surely help you with something else.
Yes today I am going to guide you through the whole process of installing the LineageOS 14.1 custom ROM, the successor of the most popular custom ROM, the CyanogenMod.
Table of Contents
Before doing any of the steps below please make sure that you have made a complete backup of your phone.
Steps To Install LineageOS 14.1 (CyanogenMod) on Motorola Moto G4
1. As you may be already aware, for any custom ROM to work you need a custom recovery like TWRP installed on your android smartphone. Even though you can install any custom recovery, we recommend TWRP which can be downloaded from the below link.
You can download TWRP from here.
2. Now please download the LineageOS 14.1 custom ROM on your PC desktop from this link and copy it to your Moto G4‘s SDCard.
3. Once done reboot your Motorola Moto G4 into TWRP recovery mode by pressing and holding “Volume Down+Power” buttons at the same time for 5 seconds, and release to enter recovery.
You can also try the below tutorial to enter into the recovery mode.
4. Once in twrp recovery mode tap on “Wipe“and tap on “Advanced Wipe“.
Now select every other partition other than the Internal Storage.
5. Now go back to main menu and tap on “Install” and select the LineageOS zip package which you have downloaded before and copied to your phone’s SDCard.
6. Once the zip file is selected swipe to flash the LineageOS 14.1 on your Motorola Moto G4.
The flashing process will take some time so please wait and once done your Moto G4 will reboot and will ask for some preliminary configurations…That’s all…
Normal queries for this tutorial
- How to install LineageOS 14.1 on Motorola Moto G4?
If you have faced any issues while trying to install Lineage 14.1 (CyanogenMod) on Motorola Moto G4, please feel free to will post it in the comment section below, don’t worry I will help you as fast I can.
If “How To Install LineageOS 14.1 (CyanogenMod) On Motorola Moto G4?” tutorial really helped you, please give a like/share on social networking websites by using the below given buttons.