This tutorial will guide you through the complete steps to install the custom ROM, LineageOS 14.1 (CyanogenMod) on Motorola Moto G all variants.
Table of Contents
A preface to Moto G series
The Moto G series is the one which made Motorola resurrect from it’s hard times, of course everyone know that though. Even thought the phone tweaked to it’s maximum performance by the manufacturer itself you can milk more if you install a light form of the Android firmware which is a custom ROM. So today we are going to explain in detail to install the Lineage OS 14.1 which is the successor of the very popular CyanogenMod.
Compatible Motorola Moto G variants
This method is compatible on all Moto G editions like Motorola Moto G (Flacon), Motorola Moto G 4G (Peregrine), Motorola Moto G3 Turbo (Merlin), Motorola Moto G4 (Athene), Motorola Moto G4 Plus (Athene), Motorola Moto G4 Play (Harpia), Motorola Moto G 2014 (Titan), Motorola Moto G 2015 (Osprey) and Motorola Moto 4G 2014 (Thea).
Before doing any of the steps below please make sure that you have made a complete backup of your phone.
Steps To Install LineageOS 14.1 (CyanogenMod) on Motorola Moto G
1. In order to make any custom ROM to work you need to have a custom recovery like TWRP installed on your Moto G smartphone. Even though you can install any custom recovery, we recommend TWRP which can be downloaded from the below link.
You can download TWRP from here.
2. Now you need to download the LineageOS 14.1 on your PC desktop from this link and copy it to your Moto G’s memory card.
3. When the copying is done shutdown your Moto G and boot it into recovery mode by pressing and holding “Volume Down+Power” buttons at the same time for 5 seconds, then release to enter into recovery.
Alternately you can also try the below tutorial to enter into the recovery mode.
4. Once in twrp recovery mode tap on “Wipe“and tap on “Advanced Wipe“.
Now select every other partition other than the Internal Storage.
5. Now go back to main menu and tap on “Install” and select the LineageOS zip package which you have downloaded before and copied to your phone’s SDCard.
6. Once the zip file is selected swipe to flash the LineageOS 14.1 on your Motorola Moto G.
The flashing process is little time consuming so please wait and once done your Moto G will reboot and will ask for some preliminary configurations…That’s it, enjoy..
Normal queries for this tutorial
- How to install LineageOS 14.1 on Motorola Motorola Moto G (Flacon), Motorola Moto G 4G (Peregrine), Motorola Moto G3 Turbo (Merlin), Motorola Moto G4 (Athene), Motorola Moto G4 Plus (Athene), Motorola Moto G4 Play (Harpia), Motorola Moto G 2014 (Titan), Motorola Moto G 2015 (Osprey) and Motorola Moto 4G 2014 (Thea)?
- How to install a custom ROM?
If you have faced any issues while trying to install Lineage 14.1 (CyanogenMod) on Motorola Moto G, please feel free to will post it in the comment section below, don’t worry I will help you as fast I can.
If “How To Install LineageOS 14.1 (CyanogenMod) On Moto G (All Editions)?” tutorial really helped you, please give a like/share on social networking websites by using the below given buttons.