Many of you who are trying to root your Motorola Android Smartphone will be hearing this a lot, “you need to unlock your bootloader before trying to root your phone”. But how to unlock the bootloader on your Motorola Android Smartphone. Don’t worry we have got you covered, this tutorial will explain in detail about unlocking your bootloader on Motorola Android Smartphone.
This method is compatible on all Motorola Android Smartphones like Motorola Moto 360, Motorola Moto E (1st generation), Motorola Moto E (2nd generation), Motorola Moto G (1st generation), Motorola Moto G2 (2nd generation), Motorola Moto G3 (3rd generation), Motorola Moto G4 (4th generation), Motorola Moto X (1st generation), Motorola Moto X (2nd generation), Motorola Moto X Play, Motorola Moto X Style, Motorola Motoactv, Motorola Atrix 2, Motorola Atrix 4G, Motorola Backflip, Motorola Calgary, Motorola Charm, Motorola Cliq, Motorola Defy, Motorola Devour, Motorola Droid, Motorola Flipout, Motorola i1, Motorola Milestone XT720, Motorola Photon, Motorola Photon Q, Motorola RAZR i, Motorola Spice, Motorola Triumph, Motorola Xoom and Motorola Xyboard.
Steps To Unlock The Bootloader Of Motorola Android Smartphone
1. First you need to enable “OEM Unlocking” on your Motorola Android Smartphone. Please follow the below given tutorial for detailed help.
2. In the next step you need to enable “USB Debugging” on your Motorola Android Smartphone. To do that go to System Settings -> General -> About Phone -> Software Information there tap on the “Build number” until you get the “You are now a developer” message.
Now under “Developer Options” you will get a similar screen like the one shown in the below screen print. Here please give a check mark to “USB debugging“.
3. In the next step you are going to unlock your bootloader. For that please install the “Minimal ADB and Fastboot tools” from this link on your PC. When installed run it using “admin privileges” and you will get a similar screen like the one given below.
4. Once the “Minimal ADB and Fastboot tools” is run successfully enter your Motorola Android Smartphone into “Fastboot” mode. To enter into “Fastboot” mode switch off your phone and press and hold “Volume Up + Power key“.
5. Now when in “Fastboot” mode connect your phone using the USB data cable and enter the following command in the “Minimal ADB and Fastboot tools” command prompt.
fastboot oem get_unlock_data
6. When the command is executed you will get a long string. Copy it to a notepad with all the spaces in the string removed.
7. Once it’s copied go to the Motorola official website by following this link.
8. In the landing page click “Next” button given at the bottom left corner, create a Motorola account if you are not having one. Once logged in you have to copy paste the string which you have copied in the notepad in Step no: 5.
9. Now select “Can my device be unlocked” and select I Agree in the options, after that choose “Request Unlock Key” and you will get the unlock code on your email ID associated with the Motorola account.
10. Once done open the “Minimal ADB and Fastboot tools” tools command window again and enter the command mentioned below (without the inverted commas but with the code).
fast boot OEM unlocks “code here”
When the above command is executed your device will reboot and you will get an “Unlocked” message on your Motorola Android Smartphone.
If you have faced any issues while trying to unlock the bootloader on your Motorola Android Smartphone, don’t hesitate, please feel free to post it in the comment section below, don’t worry we will help you as fast I can.
If “How To Unlock The Bootloader Of A Motorola Android Smartphone?” tutorial really helped you, please give a like/share on social networking websites by using the below given buttons.