Image Credit: Motorola, Inc.
If you have a Motorola G3 and trying to root it, you have came to the right place, because today I am going to guide you through the complete process of rooting your favourite Smartphone running on Android Marshmallow 6.0. This is achieved using the CF Auto Root method which is compatible on Motorola Moto G3 (3rd generation) and Motorola Moto G Turbo Edition.
Table of Contents
Please note that rooting will void your warranty (but you can reinstate the warranty by flashing with the stock ROM) and iPhoneandDroid.com will not be liable for any damage caused as result of the above given steps, so please proceed at your own risk.
Before proceeding with the any of the steps below please make sure that you have made a backup of your phone data and your Motorola G3 is charged to at least 80% of it’s battery power.
Steps to root Motorola Moto G3 & Moto G Turbo Edition on Android 6.0 Marshmallow
1. To start with you need to enable “OEM Unlocking” on your Moto G3. If you are not familiar with the process please follow the below given tutorial.
2. Now you need to enable “USB Debugging” on your Motorola Moto G3. For that go to System Settings -> General -> About Phone -> Software Information there tap on the “Build number” until you get the “You are now a developer” message.
Now under “Developer Options” you will get a similar screen like the one shown in the below screen print. Here please give a check mark to “USB debugging“.
3. Now you need to unlock your bootloader. For that please install the “Minimal ADB and Fastboot tools” from this link on your PC. Once installed run it using “admin privileges” and you will get a similar screen like the one given below.
4. Once the “Minimal ADB and Fastboot tools” are run successfully enter your Moto G3 into “Fastboot” mode. To enter into “Fastboot” mode switch off your phone and press and hold “Volume Up + Power key“.
5. Now when in “Fastboot” mode connect your phone using the USB data cable and enter the following command in the “Minimal ADB and Fastboot tools” command prompt.
fastboot oem get_unlock_data
6. When the command is executed you will get a long string. Copy it to a notepad with all the spaces in the string removed.
7. Once it’s copied go to Motorola website by following this link.
8. In the landing page click “Next” button given at the bottom and create a Motorola account if you are not having one. Once logged you have to copy paste the string which you have copied in the notepad in Step no: 5.
9. Now select “Can my device be unlocked” and select I Agree in the options, after that choose “Request Unlock Key” and you will get the unlock code on your email ID associated with the Motorola account.
10. Once done open the “Minimal ADB and Fastboot tools” tools command window again and enter the command mentioned below (without the inverted commas but with the code).
fast boot OEM unlocks “code here”
When the above command is executed your device will reboot and you will get an “Unlocked” message on your Motorola Moto G3 (3rd generation) or Motorola Moto G Turbo Edition.
11. Now download the “CF-Auto-Root” from the below given links;
Once downloaded please extract it your PC desktop and you will get similar files like the one shown in the screen shots below.
12. From these files please run the “root-windows.bat” file and you will get the below screen.
13. Now press the space bar and the rest of the process is will execute by it’s own. When finished your Motorola Moto G3 (3rd generation) or Motorola Moto G Turbo Edition will reboot and it will be rooted. Congrats!!!
If you have faced any issues while rooting Motorola Moto G3 (3rd generation) or Motorola Moto G Turbo Edition. don’t hesitate, please feel free to post it in the comment section below, don’t worry I will help you as fast I can.
If “How To Root Motorola Moto G3 On Marshmallow 6.0 Using CF-Auto-Root?” tutorial really helped you, please give a like/share on social networking websites by using the below given buttons.