If you have a LG G5 Android Smartphone and you would like to install the all new LineageOS 14.1 on it, then you have came to the right place. Because here I am going to explain you step by step instructions to install LineageOS 14.1 on your favourite LG G5.
Further for your information, LineageOS 14.1 holds all the features which was there in the original CyanogenMod custom ROM.
This method is compatible only on LG G5 for T-Mobile.
Before doing any of the steps below please make sure that you have made a complete backup of your phone.
Steps To Install LineageOS 14.1 on LG G5
1. In order for this custom ROM to work on your LG G5 you have to install any custom recovery on it. We recommend TWRP recovery which can be downloaded from the below link.
You can download TWRP from here.
2. Now please download the LineageOS 14.1 on your PC desktop from this link and copy it to your LG G5’s SDCard.
3. Once done kindly boot your LG G5 into TWRP recovery mode by pressing and holding “Volume Down+Power” buttons at the same time. Once you see the LG logo on your phone screen release the power button and volume down button for 1 second. After 1 second press and hold both the power button and volume down button again.
You can also try the below tutorial to enter into the recovery mode.
4. Once in twrp recovery mode tap on “Wipe“and tap on “Advanced Wipe“.
Now select every other partition other than the Internal Storage.
5. Once done please go to TWRP recovery mode main menu and tap on “Install” and select the LineageOS zip package which you have already downloaded and copied to your phone’s SDCard.
6. Once the zip file is selected swipe to flash the LineageOS on your LG G5.
The flashing process will take quite amount of time, so please wait patiently until the phone is rebooted. Once booted up your LG G5 will be installed with the latest custom ROM, LineageOS 14.1.
Now all you need to do is some preliminary configurations which you normally do when you buy a new Android phone…That’s it, enjoy!
Normal queries for this tutorial
- How to install LineageOS 14.1 on LG G5 For T-Mobile)?
If you have faced any issues while trying to install Lineage 14.1 (CyanogenMod) on LG G5 for T-Mobile, please feel free to will post it in the comment section below, don’t worry I will help you as fast I can.
If “How To Install LineageOS 14.1 (CyanogenMod) On LG G5 T-Mobile?” tutorial really helped you, please give a like/share on social networking websites by using the below given buttons.